- We split the money. She makes her own money and it's hers, I make my money at it's mine. We split the bills and we contribute but never touch a joint savings account.
- I was never good with money growing up. If I had it I spent it, so 20 years ago I gave up any thoughts on being an expert. Mary controls our investing, our retirement and out taxes. She's really good at it.
- We poor our energy into our son. We agree on the values we want him to carry and that makes it easy.
- When our son was born and came home we traded getting up with him every other night. It's the greatest thing I've ever done and I believe it's why today he and I are still very close.
- Mary and I are individuals and have a strong appreciation for each others interests. In our 20 years she got her teaching credential, Master's degree and PHD and has traveled the world. I've done 8 Ironman Races and 100's of other races.
- We go on vacation together often and when Marco was born we took him along.
- We have always had a dog.
- I check my ego at the door.
- I try to listen more than I talk
- I will not walk out the door without kissing my wife and tell her that I love her.
These all seem really simple but I believe they work. But more important than all of them I think the key is this: I am totally inspired by my wife. She has taught me more about being a man than anyone anywhere. I can't wait for the next 20 years together.
It's a good life...