- Pre Workout - Long Runs or Morning Workouts - Bullet Proof Coffee. I've tried all kinds of things over the years and this is what I find works the best. Last Sunday I had a cup of coffee ran 1:45 with the boys and never felt I needed anything outside of water at 70 minutes.
- All Day Hydration - I drink Nuun. I rotate flavors each time. It's simple cheap and it works great. And I salt everything.
- On the bike - Shorter rides I drink Hammer Nutrition Heed. I've always liked the mellow taste and it works great. For longer rides I take Generation UCAN and water.
- Recovery - I really like First Endurance Ultragen It works great and tastes good. I ran out the other day so mixed one scoop of UCAN Vanilla with Protein and One Scoop UCAN Lemon/lime hydration. It tasted great and worked well. That's an expensive recovery mixture. I think I'll stick to Ultragen.
- Ok so what doesn't work for me: Hammer Nutrition Recoverite - Never feels good going down. Energy Gel of any kind. I'll save those for race day only. They work but I surely don't see the point of training with them. Larabar - I had one on the bike a couple weeks ago and still hit the proverbial wall hard.
It's a good life.....