Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Berlin Update!

This is Mary on her way out the door for a 3 hour run. That's right, she's doing the program I gave her and crazy as it is it called for a 3 hour run on Sunday. It's her longest run of the training program and she did it with gusto and grace. Now it's a slow 3 week taper. I'm on week #3 of my focused training. I'm sick of it already. This is why I'm not a runner by nature. I would go absolutely crazy if all I did was run. My 3 week plan when something like this: Week #1 was 37 miles with a 4 mile tempo and a 120 minute long run. Week #2 was 44 miles with a 6 mile tempo and a 150 minute long run in shoes that absolutely killed my feet. This week will be 50 plus miles with an 8 mile tempo and a 120 minute run. I'll back it down next week and the following week with the Marathon the last weekend of the month. This is not the best way to do it but again, I couldn't seriously do an 18 week training program.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: