Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Sun is Shining

Strange coming from a guy who lives in California but really this is the first sun I've seen in more than a week. Even if I would have been here I wouldn't have seen the sun. That was some rain this part of the country got this week.

My swim is struggling. No consistency and then just plain no form. Without form endurance and speed sucks. Today I jumped in Masters determined to finish the workout but 1500 yards into the workout I was done. I was chasing the people in front of me when I shouldn't have had to. By the way swim coaches are crazy. We did a set that looked like this. 100 easy, 75 breathing every 3,5,7 by 25 then another 75 breathing 5,7,9 by 25 and then 50 kick all out. We did that 4 times through. Let me tell you that breathing every 9 get's you one breath maybe 2 if you slow it down I think. Anyway I was chasing during this set and that's not good. Maybe I need to move down yet another lane.

Tonight we are going to Dad's house for dinner. It's the first time for the little Jewell family to eat there without Dad. I'm not sure how to handle it. Of course we will make the best of it but it's going to be weird. It's also the first meal Ani has fixed for anyone since Dad passed away. I'm sure it's an emotional night for her.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: