Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Would Papi Do

WWPD

Last night I was handed yet another PU bracelet you know like the "Live Strong" bracelets. This one says WWPD. What Would Papi Do. I think it's an awesome way to live my life. With each and every decision think WWPD. Not a bad way to honor that great man who is my Father. I'm sure more often than not it will guide me to the right decision.

Today was endurance day. Get out on the bike and ride with a short run off the bike. I rode a classic route with a twist. The twist was after 90 minutes or so I climbed Double Peak. DP is a short nasty hill. You climb and climb straight up the main road just to get to the start of DP road. Once there it's roughly 10 minutes to the top. The issue is you are grinding the entire way. Half way up all you want to do is sit back on the saddle to catch your breath but you can't. You hit the water tank and know you are almost there, but almost seems like it takes forever. The views from the top are unreal. Ocean to one side, snow capped mountains to another and deep, dark canyons to another. Then you have to ride down that steep hill. If you are scared of down hills you might call for a cab.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: