Saturday, February 6, 2010

Do we Ever Learn?

That's Hong Kong in the background. No I wasn't there this week but I was thinking of there this week. I was actually thinking of this day. This was the day I found out my father had passed away. This week was one of those weeks where I really needed Dad. I needed someone to talk to who had been where I am and who could walk me through it rationally. That only comes from experience. This week I let one person get under my skin and dominate my week. For so many reasons I can't fully explain just yet. But Dad would have known how to handle it. Dad would have calmed me down and given me that insight. I have the insight now but it would have been nice to have it going in.

Here's the Insight: People who talk only of themselves and only of their accomplishments can never truly be happy. They are searching for recognition that isn't there. That doesn't mean they can't be smart and highly successful. It simply means they can't be happy. I'll remember this when we meet up again. I'll remember to not challenge the face but learn to acknowledge and move on to get my things done. I think it worked in the end this week and can work any time I believe.

It's a good life....
Dave


No comments: