Saturday, December 11, 2010

Be Different

There is a movement here in San Diego from a group including a local radio morning show DJ. It's called Be Different. I'm with it 100%. There are way too many distractions out there right now causing us to act in a way that deserves a change. It seams to me like it's one great big world of impatience. One of the things that drives me crazy and I'm just as guilty as all is what I'm going to call Smart Phone Love. On fields, beaches, sidewalks and airports around the world I see mostly men paying more attention to their smart phones then anything else around them. Daily I see a man standing beside a son or daughter giving his 100% attention to his phone. The opportunity is there to make a huge difference in a child's life but no the phone gets the attention. So In my small world I would like to propose a Smart Phone and Computer ban on Sundays. Between now and the end of January give it a try. Don't send an email, post on facebook or twitter on Sundays. See if your life is different. Challenge everyone you know. I think we can drive a difference just by giving up one day a week and dedicating that day to those close to us. Notice I didn't say give up your phone. Call someone, actually talk to them on Sunday instead of those other ways of communication.

What have you got to lose? I think it's a great way to Be Different.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: