Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday: About Me

I've been sending my Resume and doing interviews. Answering the same questions. I thought maybe I'd share most none of it. Those questions and interviews are about my expertise in the running shoe industry from retail, to design, development, go to market to  sell through.

These are the things they don't ask in an interview:

  1. Where are you from: In California specifically people ask this question all the time. I'm not from Ohio is usually what I say. When probed I tell the story of being born in Bogota Colombia, moving to the states and then back to Brazil. Moving to California the day I graduated from Southern Illinois University. My truck was packed and ready to go.
  2. Music - I'm a fan of all music. I love the intricacies of voices and instruments. I can listen to most music and play the main riff on my guitar instantly.
  3. A day late in July 1998 was the scariest and best day of my life. Our son Marco was born nine weeks early and I held him in the palm of my hand. This past Friday I cried while he was running a time trial mile. His focus, his determination and his unbelievably beautiful form brought tears to my eyes.
  4. I love to ride my bike, I really enjoy swimming in the pool and the ocean but running brings peace to me. I can manage my mind while running. Slow and easy if I want to think and solve problems hard and nasty if I want to forget it all.
  5. My mother-in-law pestered me about her daughter. One day I was on yet another trip to work at a race with her and she didn't show up. This young woman showed up. She introduced herself Mary Rodkin the daughter and I know I tried to run away. We spent the next three days working an expo in Atlanta and when I got home I told my sister Cyndi that I met my future wife.  
It's a good life....

No comments: