Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's Your 5 Year Plan



As I stated few weeks back I wanted to get Marco in front of Men. Men who he respects and who could have influence on him in ways that I can't. It's important for young men to have their father but also to have the influence of men.

Monday he and I met a couple of retired Marines for Tea and Coffee. One of the Marines came prepared with questions in his little book for Marco. The first one just warmed my heart.

"What's Your 5 Year Plan?"

At 16, 5 years seems far away. You and I know that 5 years blows by fast. I wish someone would have said that to me at 16 or 20 or 30. It took me to almost 35 before I learned that 5 years is a good number to plan out.

On Tuesday Marco and I laid out his 5 year plan. It was a special time and most importantly it was his idea.

It's a good life....

No comments: