Saturday, February 19, 2011

Where Do You Find the Time?

I am often asked this. Where do you find the time to.......

Get all that stuff done at work
- I do only the important things
- I try not to be great at everything
- I answer email at 10am and 4pm and rarely anytime else. Oh and I do this every working day! Not just the days I'm at my desk in the office.
- I try not to socialize too much.

Find time to eat, sleep run, ride, swim
- I don't watch tv.
- If I do watch anything it's usually on I tunes.
- I don't watch, or read the news. Today my wife told me that Lance Armstrong retired for good. I had no idea and it didn't bother me one bit. Besides my beautiful wife feeding me the news I pick it up on the Radio or through conversation.

I was having a conversation with a coworker the other day about swimming. Virtually everyone I know who swims swims at the Encinitas YMCA. They either swim there with the great coach or like the coworker on their own. He asked why I chose to freeze each morning walking across a cold deck swimming masters at the Solana Beach Boys and Girls Club. Like why didn't you go with the masses. It's simple really. The YMCA Swim practice is at 6:00am. Marco wakes up at 6:00am. The Solana Beach Swim Practice is at 6:30a.m. I don't swim with the 'in" crowd because my "in" crowd is my little family and 20 minutes in the morning with Marco beats any triathlon "in" crowd or great coach in the world.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: