Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Learning Books




I like to learn. I can't say I've always been that way in fact I probably wasn't really motivated to do so in school but I like to learn now. I go on kicks reading and learning on a regular basis. Every so often I read a book that just blows me away. A good freind reminded me of The Season of Life. I think you have to be at the right place in life to read this book. You can't be full of Ego when you read it, you have to just be willing to let your senses go for a bit. This story is about a football star who got so low in life he almost killed himself. He then found a better purpose in life, began coaching and ended up teaching a bunch of tough life kids the meaning of being a man. It will pull at your heart and it will leave you breathless. At the end you will walk away with one of the best feelings any book can give you. If you are open to learning a thing or two about being a Man (it's not just a guys book, if you know a man, read it) you will want to read this again. It's that good! I was lucky enough to see this great coach speak inperson and I was absolutely wasted tired of emotional drain. It was such a moving talk. The energy he brought to the talk is in this book. Enjoy it!




Home


My good freind Chris sent us the beach picture. Although we now live in Germany and really like it here, the picture is home. Encinitas California to be exact. It's strange! I lived in the Encinitas area for 20 years and took it for granted. When I see this picture I am struck by the beauty of home. It sure is a great place. Those of you that live in San Diego, this is a reminder that you live in the best place on earth. Stop and remember that from time to time.

We're off to Brussels Belgium this weekend so Mary can run the Brussels 20K. Only in Europe can a 20K race with 15,000 runners start at 3:00pm on Sunday. I'm looking forward to the drive and the time spent with the family.
It's a good life.....
Dave






No comments: