Thursday, April 4, 2013

Change is Good


One of my favorite things about the travel I do is traveling to new places where I get to run, ride or swim. One thing I've learned by doing so is that you don't have to travel long distances to make your run, ride or swim feel fresh. Just the change in scenery can make all the difference in your mood and in your pace.

The picture above is from Mission Bay - San Diego, CA. I've run here often. This is quite close to the Runner's Bathroom where runners meet to run. But it's been 3 years since I ran here so the run I had felt new to me. My workout was simple.

30 minutes/ 4 miles at a comfortable pace. Followed by running form drills, then 8 x 80 meter strides all with perfect form. 1-4 moderate, 5-8 full gas. 5 minutes to cool down. This workout is a steady run obviously with Leg Speed/Form work to follow. The more I do this at the end of longer and longer runs, the better I feel in my real long runs. Although I did not do it this time I typically do all of the drills and stride work barefoot.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: