Sunday, May 23, 2010

The week of May 16, 2010

Monday - Started great with a 4400 yard swim and the coach telling me I am now in the faster lane. That's good because it mean's my swimming is coming back. But bad because I made it there then had to take a week break from swimming.

Monday Evening - Did my core strength work while Marco the running boy practiced.

Tuesday - Up early to run before the flight to Vienna. Managed 30 minutes leaving the house at 4:30am.

Wednesday - Got to the hotel outside of Bratislava, Slovakia and went for a 30 minute run. The hotel is close to nothing which is a bummer.

Thursday - Ran to Hungary and back. Conditions were terrible with heavy wind, very cool conditions and rain. 60 minutes in total. Nice to hit two countries in one run.

Thursday night - We had a relay race. I was at the end of it where I had to race down the rapids of a World Cup Kayak venue, and carry my boat (oversized boogie board) 300 meters up a hill to the finish. I was anerobic the entire way.

Friday - Ran 34 minutes into the forest today. I went out and found the trails on my own. They aren't like Germany but they'll do for now.

Saturday - After a fun evening of dinner and shooting pool, I got up to run on some tired legs. 30 minutes was all I could get out there. Found a castle though but this is Europe so of course I found a castle.

Total for the week
7 workouts, 4 hours 50 minutes.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: