What an unbelievable day. The highlights:
- The humbling experience to watch the Zoot Prophet and Zoot Footwear in the Olympics.
- The determination of Sarah Groff of the USA. She was dropped off the pace on the run and fought her way back to the lead pack.
- There are 500,000 plus lining the course and who do I stand next to. The open water swim coach for Nicola Spirig. Before the race starts he says “She will win” and she did.
- The little girl walking with her mom after the race “When I grow up I want to Swim, Bike and Run”.
- The pressure on the British Athletes. The defending gold medalists in lightweight double scull (rowing) who finished 2nd and were devastated. They apologized to the country for not winning. The commentator who said anything but a double gold from Mo Farah would be a disappointment.
2 hours before the start and the fence is taken.
They didn’t know it at the time but their day would end up great. Lisa Norden of Sweden covered everything on the run and finished a close (by a lean) second.
The race venue.
I’m going to take lots of pictures like this. The Union Jack comes in lots of different fashion.
And their off. Somewhere in the front is Olivera of Brazil. She was 3rd out of the water in the Zoot Prophet.
More Union Jack
After the race I was walking to find a coach to deliver a wetsuit to. I came upon this. Royal Albert Hall. One of the more famous performing arts venues in the world.
It's a good life.....