Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let the Competition Begin

Yesterday I was called out in an email. Since Dave is so fond of my competitiveness"

Obviously my reactions to things have caused this statement. Why else would I be singled out in the email. Maybe it's because I was willing to stand up to the competition and not write it off at "Oh, it's just you being you."

I have no problem with competition. Competition requires a competitor. Someone who you are competing against and who is competing against you. That in fact may be you against you. But when you compete against somebody who is not competing it's called ugly. It's ugly when a team doesn't mentally show up to play the game. It's uglier when you compete against someone (and display your competitiveness vocally) when there isn't a competition to be had. That's what I'm not fond of.

It's a good life.....
Dave

No comments: