Thursday, February 16, 2012

Envy, Life and a group of Advisers and the Rubber Band Syndrome

It's been a week already! Whew has it ever. Woefully created by me. I think I'm lucky to have the right people and the right things in place to reset these weeks quickly. And luckily I'm surrounded by love which is much better than anything else.

I'll start with the Life and Group of Advisers. I was having an email conversation with my friend Jordan Rapp. The topic of the need to have advisers around you came up. I don't think I'm sure if a friend can be an adviser but I think Jordan fits into the category. To me the adviser program is somewhat defined by Gordo where in one of his posts he says "Surround yourself with the people you want to become" I don't think there is any better way to put it. I'll begin to define this as I discover more. I know I have a group of advisers and I know I need to add to it.

A great Emotional Equation: Envy = (Pride + Vanity)/Kindness
I'll use the current hating on Lance in Triathlon. I think Envy is the biggest reason for the hate being thrown out on Twitter by his fellow professional triathlete. There is a part of triathlon or triathlete that says "I'm all that" and when Lance comes in with that buzz (all the people that surround him) and you are still thinking "I'm all that" Envy will win.

On the lighter side of things. Yesterday I was getting out of the car to go swim and noticed I had a rubber band on my right wrist. Later in the day it was still there and "I thought I took it off". This morning I woke up and it was on the left wrist. Explain for me please the meaning of this.

It's a good life....

No comments: