Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day #1 the travel continues

I usually can't sleep the entire night but hopefully it's at least until 5:00am. Running shorts on I always get 30 minutes of running in. I'm out the door at 6:00am in a cab headed to the train station. At the train station I find breakfast. My train to Guangzhou leaves at 7:20am. Usually I have time to get breakfast at Starbucks and take it on the train with me.

9:20am we hit Guangzhou. Norman the great developer I get to work with is always there waiting. We get in the car and head to the factory for day #1. We usually get to the factory at 11;00. Lunch is always at 12:00. I eat in the factory so the only thing they know is I'm vegetarian. No chance I'm eating that meat. The rest of the day is reviewing the current shoes which for now is Fall 2012. Hopefully no major issues at production starts in less than 40 days. We are done at 6:00pm and make our way towards "home". Today Norman will drop me off at the metro as I'm staying at the Marriott. I'm usually checked in by 8:00pm. Dinner and crash is all I've got in me on this night.

It's a good life...

No comments: