Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Ironman Taper

Although I don't wish to go through life as a zombie I do wish to go through life in a constant Ironman taper. Coming off a huge week, last week I cut volume almost in half (all on the legs)  but kept the intensity up. I buried myself, could barely function and was on edge mood wise. This past Sunday on plan I swam. I did not ride 3 hard hours or negative split 90 minutes of running. I swam an easy 1000 in the morning and 40 minutes in the ocean late afternoon.

Monday dawned a new. No dragging feet. No foggy head. In the pool I led the lane during the 2000 meter main set and it was 'easy'. Yes I was breathing hard on the fast 200s but my stroke was smooth, fast and in control.

I woke. Up this morning more refreshed than yesterday and I am excited to get in the pool this morning and to test the running legs tonight.

Love me some taper.

It's a good life.....

No comments: