Friday, June 17, 2011

And That's A Wrap

Heading to China tomorrow for three weeks. This will be my last posting in that time. I'm sure there's a workaround to get access to blogger from China but I'm not that savvy and frankly time away from the computer is needed. 1 week will be an all out blitz on running shoes. The other two weeks will be traveling the ancient world of historical China with Mary and Marco.

I'll be thinking of you Larry "King" Solomon. Fight this thing with everything you've got. We are all sending our good Karma your way.          

Last night I got the best compliment. I ran into a teacher of Marcos. I'd never met her before but I knew her from his side. Ms. Temple is what I knew. Anyway she went out of her way to introduce herself and to gush about what a great kid Marco is. She said "I don't know what you and your wife are doing but keep doing it. That is one special kid you've got."
We have our troubles with him. He's 13 and he's like any teenager. What we tell ourselves and him regularly is that it's ok to let loose in the house with us. That if he want's to get mad, get mad in the house. When he's out in the world respect others and be kind. I'll take all the angst in the world from him to hear just once a year something like that from Ms. Temple or anyone else.

Oh and when his running or his drumming or whatever clicks in his head look out. He's got talent and that's not just a Dad talking. He's a drummer and drums are loud. The neighbors all go out of their way to tell us how great it is to listen to him play.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: