Friday, March 29, 2013

Mobility 2.0 The Hamstring

I was searching for this video and came to a realization. If you go to Youtube and look for stretching videos for runners you will find a great number of videos all with a small amount of viewership. For instance the video on the link below has something like 3,900 views. Yet if I search for Cross Fit Videos on Mobility or doing a Squat you'll find videos with 60,000 views and more. What this tells me is that runners and triathletes simply don't do the little things enough. They don't stretch, they don't mobilize they simply train. And then they get injured. Again 79% of all runners will get injured this year. You can choose to be in the majority or you can pay attention to these blog posts and find out that you don't have to get injured.

If you have tight hamstrings or tight hips this video is the best I've found. I use a Yoga band instead of a rope. I think I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon too. But first listen and watch the video. It works!

Active Isolated Flexibility.


It's a good life....
Dave


No comments: