These are the 5 things I will do in training to help me be successful in September.
- Swim in the Surf - I can't swim at 6,000 feet but I can swim breathless and swimming through surf will do that. So it's once a week in the surf repeatedly for me.
- Run on Tired Legs - Only Tuesday night on the track with my legs be "Fresh". All other runs will be on tired legs. The point being Ironman is about finishing strong on tired legs.
- Stay Strong - For me doing strength work is a must. I'm a small frame and will wither away in the next 12 weeks if I don't keep working on strength.
- Block Cycling - I don't have all day or all week to ride all the time. I will continue with my 4 days a week 5-6 total hours on the bike but 3 times I will block big days back to back to maximize my cycling.
- Max Rest - I'm 49 and this is my 9th Ironman. I know what's in store over the next 12 weeks. Max rest will help me get through it.