Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's in the food

For the past two weeks I have been on it with food. No dairy no junk carbohydrates just real food. I have also been testing a couple aging and brain supplements which I will talk about later. The point is I have been consistent. Yesterday on my Birthday my consistency went out the door. For breakfast I had a Gordy's gluten free Plonk. Gluten free and full of sugar. I bought cookies for the office and had 4 of them, gluten free too. For dinner I wanted to take Mary and Marco to a nice place on the beach where I could order a good clean fresh piece of fish. Yesterday was also Graduation day in Encinitas so no tables were available. We settled on Mexican. Chips and Salsa, Modelo Beer, Rice and Beans loaded with cheese. All very very tasty. By 9pm I was wasted.Not drunk but my stomach felt heavy, my head was foggy and I simply felt awful. By 9:15 I was passed out asleep.

I woke up this morning worn out. Still feeling heavy. I went ahead with base Saturday ride: 3 hours in the big chain ring and then an easy run off the bike. Although I completed the workout it was flat.

During the two weeks I have done the following:

  1. No meat until dinner
  2. Plenty of water
  3. Largest meal at dinner
  4. A glass of wine with Mary
  5. Lots of fruit and veggies no dairy
The load of Mexican food was simply too much. It's the only way to test your food intake.go to simple clean foods for a good deal of time. Then load on Mexican food or a pizza and see what you feel like. I know for sure I don't want to feel like I did Friday night ever again.

No comments: