Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Time Travel

That familiar feeling is back in my body. The feeling that the time zone I'm in right now is not the time zone I'm really in. My body clock has no idea where it is. This now in it's 3rd week. Week 1 and 2 were on the other side of the globe in Asia and week 3 is the adjustment back to life. So here are my tips based on this:


  1.  Don't fight the sleep - Be happy with what you got and get on with your day. Eventually it will work it's way out. 
  2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate - No matter how much you drink water on the plane you will come off completely parched. It's just important to keep drinking water or electrolyte drinks often. Let's not forget hotels who are the bid dehydrators of the universe too. 
  3. Eat when you are hungry - Yesterday I wasn't hungry all day, so I ate small snacks. Last night at 1am I had a full meal because I was starving. 
  4. Get into your routine it will help your body come back. For me that means sweating early in the morning which is what I did today. 
  5. Smile - it's not that bad and it won't last forever. 
It's a good life....


No comments: