Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When did I age?

Over the last week I've noticed aging. Not wake up pain aging just things. Of course it doesn't help when your 10 year old sits for what seems like hours analyzing all that is on your body. "Dad, you should have stayed out of the sun, you have lines in the corners of your eyes and around your mouth". I tell him that it's because I smiled all the time when I was a kid, that's why those lines are there. Then he points out grey hair on my chin, the veins that pop out of my arms, the slowness in my walk. Then yesterday I'm sitting in a meeting not really focused on the task in front of us and I'm looking at my hand. In whatever light I was in it looked all old! When the heck did that happen? I know it's inevitable but it wasn't supposed to happen to me.

No, this is not a midlife crisis. I actually enjoy getting older. And heck I did a run test today and felt better today than I did last month. I wasn't much faster but it felt so much easier. If that continues what does age matter.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: