Thursday, July 28, 2022

Two Parents one Child and Far Reaching Lives

 

My wife and I decided to wait 5 years after we got married to have children. In both of our cases our parents rushed to children. In both cases the marriages didn`t last and it was the kids that felt it the most. 

Our son turned 24 this week. 

On Father’s  day he sent me two messages :

  • Thanks for the genetics
  • Thanks for guiding me to athletics
I am not sure what he sent his mother on Mother’s Day. I was in Prague that day doing my work. They are the best of friends. They talk virtually every day. If I were to guess what he said or what he will say one day. 
  • Thanks for the World View you gave me. 
  • Thanks for the daily education on things that matter. 
Before his 5th Birthday
  • A trip to Texas
  • 2nd Birthday in Mexico
  • 3rd Birthday in Spain
  • 4th Birthday in Puerto Rico
After his 4th birthday I gave up long distance triathlon racing. I had a couple of goals and completed them. I wanted to go under 10 hours and I wanted to qualify for Kona. I qualified twice and on both occasions let it roll. I had already done Kona twice before he was born. There was more to it than that…

I stopped long distance triathlon racing so my wife could begin her doctoral work. She did not stop teaching she simply piled her doctoral work on top. I agreed to take up the slack with our son. This is where he and I developed the very tight bond we still have today. 

Ankle Update

The searing morning pain is gone and has been gone since last Sunday. The swelling at my ankle and the lateral moment pain is still there. I tried running on Tuesday. The run felt good and there was no pain. After the run though the throbbing was debilitating. I will not do that again. Since then I have been soaking my lower leg in Epsom Salts. Each day the foot is improving and the swelling is receding. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

No comments: