Monday, September 28, 2009

2009 in Review

A final look back at the year that was 2009. What a year it was.



We moved from Germany to Cardiff........

Marco started running Cross Country. It was his choice, he seems to like it and he ran his first race yesterday. The dude has run over 100 miles since the start. Not my accomplishment but introducing him to something new was one of the goals.

We moved from Germany.

Mary is back at work kicking Ass and changing lives. It's hot in the classroom she's got 156 students and she's loving it.

If my mind starts to go as I age (no comments please just yet) please let me know. I want to be aware of it. I love my mother but dealing with her life is frustrating. She is beyond the point where she can really know what's happening to her but not so far beyond to stop us from doing anything about it. It's a pure waiting game and it sucks. Sucks mostly for my big sister Cyndi who has to deal with it every day. Mom, I love you. Please understand that we are trying to give you the best life possible.

Did I say we moved from Germany.

We took a sizeable hit in the financing world. Moving from Germany did not help matters. 2010 will absolutely have something to do with our finances.

Win my agegroup. To do that you have to race. With all the stuff, moving, new job, moving etc, racing has not been a priority. We'll see though, 2009 is not over. The Journey to getting back to racing shape has been the big pay off. I'm 10lbs lighter, and I'm much faster. I can feel it every day.

Man, we moved from Germany. That was an effort.

2010 here we come.

It's a good life.....

Dave

No comments: