Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Staying Young


Happy Birthday to all those born on June 14th. We all share a special day. It's American Flag Day too!

The other day Mary threw a surprise party for me. A neighbor down the street had the nerve to ask me how old I was. Actually I don't care I'll share any time. I said 47 and her jaw hit the floor "I can't believe you are that much older than me, you look so much younger" To you my neighbor of 43 years old here are my top 10 ways of staying young!

10. Alcohol.- I like a good beer or glass of wine and I even like a good buzz but it's not the first thing I reach for when I get home and it's not a daily occurance (the buzz).
9. Organic - Eat Organic when you can. If you need to ask why, look at #8.
8. Preservatives - Stay away from them. Try to stick to fresh stuff. I put medicine in this category. I avoid it!
7. Money - Easy to say I know, but I've never lived outside of my ability to pay and for that I rarely think about money and I certainly don't worry about it, ever.
6. Move your body - Get off your ass and move your body daily.
5. Sunrise - I enjoy the sunrise, it's my favorite part of the day. I think it's the #1 thing that calms me.
4. Work - Do something you love to do. If that's not the work you do, then find passion outside of work that drives you.
3. Attitude - I was always known as the kid with a smile on my face. Hopefully that comes through as an adult too. I'm usually smiling all day. It's just no that bad to be alive.
2. Sleep - Find a way to sleep hard. It's clearly not how much you sleep it's that when you do, you sleep hard.
1. Genetics - I'm sorry but I come from a young family.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: