Wednesday, September 28, 2016

And Here We Go

Got a great response from Jocko Wilink after I thanked him for a great message on the Tim Ferriss Podcast.

Also on the social media side Preston Smiles came through again with not orginal but a very true statement.

Lastly I had this on my mind as soon as I heard the date. I've run 4 stand alone marathons in my life. 3 on Catalina Island and one time at the Berlin Marathon. I just signed up for my 5th open marathon and the 4th time on Catalina Island. The date of the Cataling Eco Marathon is November 19th. As soon as I heard the race date I knew I had to do it. It's my brother's birthday and no better way for me to celebrate his day then to run a marathon. He's the one who introduced me to running. He passed away two years ago from ALS.
I ran 2 hours this morning on a hot and hilly course. My old roommate and training partner Tim Sheeper did the race last year and won our age group. He ran 4:15. He's no slouch of an athlete. 2 years ago he went 9:45 in Kona and last weekend he went 4:31 in the Santa Cruz 70.3. I've got my goal and my work cut out for me.

It's a good life....

No comments: