Monday, April 5, 2010

There is Nothing Better

Sitting in a hotel room. Not foreign to me at all at this stage of my life. It's a Hampton Inn and although the water heater doesn't work, and the front desk clerk has a raging cold, it feels familiar. But this morning and this day are different. Better than I could ever expect.

I type this to the rhythm of his breathing. Marco is on a marathon sleep. 10 hours and still going. It just doesn't get any better than that. He is a machine. He eats when he's hungry. He sleeps hard and he plays harder. Yes, it's still play and I hope it stays play forever. We have nowhere we have to be today and no agenda. So sleep little man, sleep until you are rested to the core.

I'll just sit here and listen for awhile.

It's a good life.....
Dave

No comments: