Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2010 Goal Review

The picture above is just an image that I like to keep in mind. Scout is a very vocal dog. Not the kind of dog that Barks all that much. The kind of dog who howls at you when she has something to tell you. She has an I want to eat howl, a take me out howl, and her best is a "You Suck" Howl. Typically that one is saved for me when I've don't something wrong. Which is generally often.

This brings me to the 2010 goals.

Family - Essentially my goal was to spend more individual time with Marco and Mary, spend more together time with them and to keep taking care of my mother. Although I think I've had glimpses of greatness, I haven't been consistent in this world. We all feel it and it's something that needs drastic attention in 2011. Part of that but certainly not all of this is tied to travel away from home. I clearly spent way too much time on the road and I'm about to do that again. The only way I can curtail this is to keep convincing the parent company that I know what I'm doing and that it will take more bodies to be really effective. One body I'm confident is on the way. But Family is #1 and will always be #1. If I can keep the last 12 weeks in consistency I think I'll be headed in the right direction.

Financial - Done. On to the next goal.

Racing - Disaster. I've "raced" once this year. In fact it doesn't even count. Getting hit by a car in March didn't help. Going on the road for some crazy number of days doesn't help. All of it adds up to the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Although I'm getting some of that fit feeling back I'm still a disaster when it comes to putting it all together. I'm still not 100% convinced I'm going about it the right way.

So if I look at these goals in isolation I sucked. But we put goals out there to improve who we are. I've learned a great deal this past year. About what makes me happy and what I simply don't like. Some of that I've shared but much of it I've kept to myself. I might get fired if I shared everything. So it's on to the 2011 goals. By the middle of October they'll be in print on this blog.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: