Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Float

Float - To glide across the earth without bounce, without strain and with purpose.

Marco and I have been working on Float. It's very important in running to float. Every runner from time to time does not float. It wasn't until my last trip to china that I found my float. I noticed recently while Marco was running that he was bounding. We had a workout given by his coach recently to run 600m repeats. We ran side by side and focused on float. The more he found his float the faster he ran. There was a father on the track watching his daughter play field hockey. He said in amazement "I've never seen a kid that young run like that, it is beautiful". Float.

Today I lost my running float. Probably something to do with traveling across the US, the Atlantic and half of Europe. Hopefully it's back tomorrow.

But float is not just running. Float should be life. Glide across the earth without bounce, without strain and with purpose.

It's a good life....

Dave

No comments: