Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Road to Fitness Week #50

Today I was given a workout that included 40 minutes of climbing. Very difficult to do living along the coast of California. Yes if I drove a bit inland I can find a 40 minute hill but not here. So each time this workout comes along I opt for a shorter hill but one I can repeat easily each time I get this workout. So it was up Double Peak Road I went. The picture above is from the top looking east. Not band for December morning. The workout calls for 20 minutes at the bottom of the steady zone and then 20 minutes at Moderate Hard. Total climbing today was 20 minutes so it went 15 minutes of steady and 5 minutes of moderate hard. Overall it felt really good although controlling myself in December (for the first time ever) I was climbing really slow. Hopefully that means I'll be able to climb really fast when it counts.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: