Friday, January 28, 2011

That Warm Sun

It's been one of those weeks. I'm sure everyone has had a week where they feel it's you against the world. Where everywhere you turn you have to "fight" your way through it. I honestly don't think it's a reflection of anyone but me. The only way to control this kind of week from happening is control who you hang with. More on that below.

So I was having this week of mine. I was maybe a bit pissed off this morning until I felt the warmth of the morning Sun. It was my daily run with the dog, Scout. Generally that run is 10 - 20 minutes. Today it was 10 and it was at sunrise. The sun came up in those 10 minutes and by the time we were back on our street it was blazing in my face. The short stint shed everything off my back and gave me a fresh perspective. That perspective: I have a great life, in this unreal setting and I get to repeat this experience daily.

Back to control who you hang with. In the last three weeks I've had two people I've decided to fire from my life. Because of circumstances I can't fully fire them so I'm going to leave it up to them. I'm fairly confident they will come forward when they don't hear from me for a long time. When they ask I'll tell them I fired them from my life because they were bringing me down.  I've done this a number of times and most often it's a temporary firing.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: