Sunday, January 9, 2011

A World View

This week on a private forum there was a discussion about Coach gordo's blog on attitude.  In one of my posts I waxed poetic about how unbelievably fortunate I am to have been able to run in the many places I've run. Fortunate for the places and really fortunate for the opportunity to actually run. Today was one of those special days running. I woke up with no agenda. I headed out at 9:00am with my camera and no planned route. How could I plan when it was my first run ever on the Hong Kong City side. I've run in Kowloon before but never Hong Kong proper. My first thought was that this was going to be a challenging run due to the many stop lights. What I found though was a run with huge variety. I ran on boardwalks along one of the must see great harbors of the world. I ran through the Hong Kong financial district where coach gordo used to work. I ran up through and down the other side of multiple busy street cross walks. I think I invented a new running routine by running through 2 malls. Yep that's right I was mall running. An hour twenty felt like nothing. And yes, I stopped and took quite a few pictures. A perfect run if you ask me and I'm really lucky to have done it.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments: