Friday, January 14, 2011

Looking Down

Last Night I wrote about Lunacy. This morning I pick up my daily reading. Coach Wooden - One on One.

The topic and I kid you not: Looking Down.

"Too often it seems that when an individual receives unusual praise or acclaim, it has an affect on them." Later on Coach Wooden talks about what he taught his players. "I said that their individual strength of character would shape how they reacted to both praise and criticism. If they let either one affect them, it would affect them adversely" He finishes this thought with this one sentence." I hope I haven't changed, I don't ever want to look down on anyone"

A few months back I dedicated 2011 to What Would Papi Do. Papi is my father who passed away just over a year ago. He gave me this book on March 2, 2005. I didn't pick it up until I made my decision to dedicate this year to WWPD. I'm not 100% sure how this happens. How I go from writing about a Lunatic to reading about how to not become a lunatic but I am darn sure Papi had something to do with it.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: