Friday, December 19, 2014

Five for Friday: My Current Sports Nutrition

Tis the season to try all things new and see what feels good and what doesn't. I'm going to list this by category because there is lots of information.

  1. Pre Workout - Long Runs or Morning Workouts - Bullet Proof Coffee. I've tried all kinds of things over the years and this is what I find works the best. Last Sunday I had a cup of coffee ran 1:45 with the boys and never felt I needed anything outside of water at 70 minutes.
  2. All Day Hydration - I drink Nuun. I rotate flavors each time. It's simple cheap and it works great. And I salt everything.
  3. On the bike - Shorter rides I drink Hammer Nutrition Heed. I've always liked the mellow taste and it works great. For longer rides I take Generation UCAN and water.
  4. Recovery - I really like First Endurance Ultragen It works great and tastes good. I ran out the other day so mixed one scoop of UCAN Vanilla with Protein and One Scoop UCAN Lemon/lime hydration. It tasted great and worked well. That's an expensive recovery mixture.  I think I'll stick to Ultragen.
  5. Ok so what doesn't work for me: Hammer Nutrition Recoverite - Never feels good going down. Energy Gel of any kind. I'll save those for race day only. They work but I surely don't see the point of training with them. Larabar - I had one on the bike a couple weeks ago and still hit the proverbial wall hard.

It's a good life.....





No comments: