Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back in San Diego

Well it's been one week since I landed back in San Diego. Some thoughts:

1. At times I feel like a foreigner. That's right there is a bit of Germany that has stayed with me to cause me to feel out of place.
2. Love Masters Swimming - Imagine that a pool that is full of like minded people swimming. No head up breast stroking here.
3. Club Cross Country running is serious stuff. I'm not sure I could do the workouts Marco had to do.
4. I hate car Sales People - Hello, I want to buy a car and I don't want your attitude involved. I got a great car but a bad taste in my mouth from the service.
5. The Ocean is beautiful - I'll go back there.
6. I've driven more in the last week than I did in 2 months in Germany. I'm not sure I like that.
7. Fit people - Yes, there are lots of really fat people in America and in San Diego. But there are also more fit people here than any other place in the world.
8. The Americas Finest City Half Marathon is a must do if you are a runner. Sure it's a hassle to pick up your number, you have to get to the park early in the morning to grab the bus to the start (7 am start ouch!) but it's the most beautiful big city Half Marathon in the world. Point to Point starting at the edge of the Penninsula that has the Cabrillo Monument and the US Cemetary one of the most beautiful features in all of San Diego. The race heads right into the city and then finishes in the increadible setting that is Balboa Park, home to that world famous San Diego Zoo.
9. Lines - Yes there is order in the world. Orderly lines waiting for the bus. Owe how I miss the mass of humanity pushing there way to the front in Germany.
10. AFC Marathon - 56% women. AH, back in San Diego.
11. Sunday morning with Mary, you just can't beat it even it is spent running a 1/2 marathon.

It's a good life...
Dave

No comments: