Friday, January 15, 2010

You're Kidding Me!

I shout out to every guy on my friends list. Recently I've seen a man make a woman carrying a baby move to the side so he could take his seat on the plane. On that same flight another man holding his Carl's Junior cup stood and watched a young woman struggle to lift her rolling bag to the overhead bin. This was just one flight. It happens on every flight. So I shout out to all the men. These are the women who bare our children, who make sure the family gets fed and who more often than not push us to be better than we would be on our own. Help them out, open doors for them, give women with babies the right of way, and please stop sucking out of that straw next time and use your free hand to help the poor girl get that case in the bin.

It's a good life...
Dave

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post! As you know I was one of those women last week on my way back from Vegas. Guys all around me just sat there while I was obviously having a very difficult time trying to get my bag up there without it dropping on someone's head! I finally gave up and looked at the guy staring at me and said "Do you mind helping me with this???!!!!" When I sat down all the women around me said it's rare men get up and help these days. I wish all men were like you!!! :)