Monday, April 11, 2011

Shoes for Travel

Over the years I have been asked the question "What shoes do you run in" often. While I was packing for this short trip to China (Leave Monday get there Tuesday Night, Return Saturday) I was planning out my running. If you keep up you know that I run every day I'm gone. It keeps me sane and it's the one constant. So planning out my runs I had to plan out my stuff. 5 runs, two pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running shirts.

Why two pairs of shoes? Rotation and surface.
3 of the 5 runs will be on a treadmill. For those I brought the prototype Jordan Rapp #1. They are low to the ground (good for a treadmill) Light and they pack super easy.

For the other two runs I'll be on concrete and it will be flat. So for that I've chosen a new Spring 12 shoe I can't show you just yet. It's got more foam to absorb some of that ultra hard surface. As long as I concentrate on Float while I'm running, this lightweight shoe with more foam will be fine. If I lose the concentration and let my Float go to Flop the concrete will win.

It's a good life....
Dave

2 comments:

jameson said...

can't wait to see & run in the new shoes!

how does the primal diet work when you are on the road?

have a good trip

David Jewell said...

Primal is actually fairly easy on the road. Southern China is all seafood and veggies so that's easy. The real challenge is total food consumption and time. Sometimes lunch (factory cafeteria) is at noon and dinner doesn't happen until 9pm.