Friday, April 24, 2020

Five Good Things

We need good things right now. Otherwise we might all start drinking Lysol!

Music
I love music. I’ve been addicted I think since I watched and heard my sister playing the guitar and singing. I learned to play the guitar when I was 10 and still play most days. The COVID-19 stay at home rules have created some amazing music on YouTube. This one by Neil Finn jumped out.


Running Shoes - You all know I work in running shoes. This video interview of Danny Orr is priceless. I’ve known Danny for a number of years. We worked at adidas at the same time. Running Shoe Marketers always come up with phrases to talk about things. Danny introduces the Democratic Shoe. That is a keeper.

Podcasts - It’s a podcast but it’s better on YouTube. Lance Armstrong (Yes I know, you might hate him) has the best cycling podcast on the planet, The Move. With no races Lance and the other guys decided to go back in time and review the Spring Classics. This one is from the Tour of Flanders and the interview at the end will make you smile.

Running Shoes - I’ll write further about this, but the best running shoe released in the last 6 months is the New Balance 1080 V 10. As you may or may not know I do a great deal of work with the brand right now. This shoe simply shows they have been doing their homework. It’s really difficult to update a model. You don’t want to piss off the current runners using it but at the same time you want to sell more shoes. They managed to play those two sides really well and I’m thinking by the end of this year this shoe will be in the top 5 on every YouTube shoe reviewer channel. 

Random - Sunshine - I live in San Diego County. We take the sun and the ocean for granted. They are part of every day life here. When it’s taken away we can get depressed though. The Sun has been rare this year. The cloud of COVID -19 has been doubled with the clouds blocking the sun. We had an entire week of rain a couple weeks ago. Not just rain but full on raining. We had 7.8 inches during the week with 3.5 on the last day. That’s close to an entire year of average rainfall in a week. The ground can’t handle that much water at one time and remember we usually see the sun. This week the Sun came out. Add to that the temperature is rising. This weekend it’s supposed to be 80F which is actually hot for us. I’ll take it. I hope you find your Sun too! 

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Aw Davey thanks for the thoughts! Glad you still play everyday, I am not so great about that and it shows. Good music video too!