Sunday, February 7, 2010

It was one of those runs

Today I headed out for a run. Normally on Sunday I wake up slow and save my one workout for the pool and Swim Fin Camp. Today though I decided to run and I'm glad I did. The run was only 55 minutes long but it was one that remined me that I can run. The pace was up there for 40 minutes of the run and it felt effortless. Even into the big hills that make up the end of the run, it was efforless. I wish I knew why those runs happen. Why can running feel like dirt much of the time and then boom effortless.

After the run I headed to Swim Fin Camp. Ouch that was crazy hard. My arms are still shaking and it's been over for 8 hours. A good day I guess.

Congrats to the Saints.

It's a good life...
Dave

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had a couple of 'those runs' over the years. From floating over the mud to win the national XC to ripping the field apart over the final lap on the track.
Some say that perfection can never be achieved but these runs rubbish that claim.